- - - - -

Could Juian's "project x" evidence have more weight now?

Mass Effect Project X

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 eaglefan129

eaglefan129

*Custom Title Unlocked* Master of Noobs

• Veteran Member
  • 969 posts
  • LocationUpstate, New York

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

I was skeptical as hell when Juian said this but now me game has been annouced I can't imagine a full fledged (meaning pc, ps3, 360, and wii u) mass effect game without shepard it just wouldn't work(look at star wars). Also isn't mass effect more about finding a way to stop reapers so what enemy could be worse then reapers?

#2 Thane Krios

Thane Krios

Master Assassin

• Veteran Member
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationThe Citadel: Huerta Memorial Hospital

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:31 PM

POPULAR

What enemy could be worse than the reapers? I got an answer to that, the Leviathans. I don't think they will do a wake up shepard project x game, they will just have an expansion pack/huge ass DLC to buy once all of the other DLCs are out. The next mass effect game will not have Shepard in it, it will have a new protagonist with a new antagonist/galactic threat, maybe the Leviathans? I hope my son Kolyat will make an appearance or be a squadmate in the next Mass Effect game.
\Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Gamingspoiler

Gamingspoiler

The Heretic

• Donator
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationAmman-Jordan

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

so what enemy could be worse then reapers?

Why should we assume that Project X is supposed to be on the aftermath of Mass Effect 3? as far as we know it could just be another DLC that you can play right before assaulting the Illusive Man's base, if there is ever going to be a game released after Mass Effect 3, I'm not even sure what is there to do after ME3 is done, unless they're going to do just like World of Warcraft and right after you kill the Lick king some Magical creature rises from no where (Death Wing), or (one last option) is that it's going to be something related to the Leviathans.

Posted Image

Giving Someone equal rights does not infringe or take away rights from you, it just makes it illegal to enforce your prejudice and hate, it's that simple.

#4 halbert986

halbert986

The phantom of clever noob

• Veteran Member
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationA room with a moose in it

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

All I know is I've had it up to here with ambiguity and speculation. All I want is an answer. I just want this to be over with.

I feel like I'm watching a 12 hour movie, it pisses me off, but I keep watching it. Where is the chase and how do I cut to it?

z3g4D88.jpg?1

#5 Agent S14

Agent S14

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 529 posts
  • LocationHouston

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

What enemy could be worse than the reapers? I got an answer to that, the Leviathans. I don't think they will do a wake up shepard project x game, they will just have an expansion pack/huge ass DLC to buy once all of the other DLCs are out. The next mass effect game will not have Shepard in it, it will have a new protagonist with a new antagonist/galactic threat, maybe the Leviathans? I hope my son Kolyat will make an appearance or be a squadmate in the next Mass Effect game.

Thane why did you die.come back. Someone hug me.
Posted Image

#6 Thane Krios

Thane Krios

Master Assassin

• Veteran Member
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Would you rather have me live 6 more miserable months with my Kepral's Syndrome?

#7 iPoohCupCakes

iPoohCupCakes

Major Nublet

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

Posted Image
Just for you :cry:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Gamingspoiler

Gamingspoiler

The Heretic

• Donator
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationAmman-Jordan

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:02 PM

Would you rather have me live 6 more miserable months with my Kepral's Syndrome?

If we achieve synthesis, the Hanar could have you cured :) don't worry

Posted Image

Giving Someone equal rights does not infringe or take away rights from you, it just makes it illegal to enforce your prejudice and hate, it's that simple.

#9 Thane Krios

Thane Krios

Master Assassin

• Veteran Member
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

If we achieve synthesis, the Hanar could have you cured :) don't worry

Then on your next playthrough I'll let Captain Kirrahe save the day instead of me.

#10 Agent S14

Agent S14

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 529 posts
  • LocationHouston

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:28 PM

I got this bro I have a crate of medi gel ill just slap it all over your lungs and heart youll be ok.
Posted Image

#11 Maledicte

Maledicte

Until I Took a Meme to the Knee.

• Members
  • 561 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

They haven't said whether it will be a continuation of Shepard's story (i.e. the real ending we have yet to see), or a completely new story. As much as I want it to be a Mass Effect 4, truth is, they created not only a world, but an entire universe to draw new ideas from. Don't forget, a LOT happens before the reapers show up: the rise and fall of the Protheans, the First Contact wars, the Rachni war that lead to the Krogan rebellion, the Genophage, ect. Just take a look at the Mass effect timeline here: http://masseffect.wi...m/wiki/Timeline <- the possibilities are almost endless. I HIGHLY doubt they will give us a game set AFTER the events with the reapers until they prove the IT because, think about it, they can't. How can they make a new game set in the future where you have three completely different universes: One where the reapers are our friends, one where all life has been synthesized, or one where the reapers don't even exist. Whether bioware officially supports the IT, they have a huge dilemma here that can't easily be fixed otherwise.

I don't take anything Bioware says to heart anymore, but them asking their playerbase "'Where to go next?' with such a project has been a question a lot of us have been asking, and we'd all love to hear your ideas" pretty much hints that they are leaving Shepard and ME3 behind. Either they are making a game set in the past, or they are proving the IT because, as ambitious as they are, they can't create a game in the future where synthesis, control, and destroy were all options.
Posted Image

#12 Gamingspoiler

Gamingspoiler

The Heretic

• Donator
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationAmman-Jordan

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

Then on your next playthrough I'll let Captain Kirrahe save the day instead of me.

I have a better idea, why don't you leave that stupid Dalatrass, then you and Kirrahe come with me to the Normandy? I can make do without the 70-80 War Assets of the Salarian fleet, deal ?

Posted Image

#13 Thane Krios

Thane Krios

Master Assassin

• Veteran Member
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

Why would we want a Mass Effect 4? I want a completely new trilogy that doesn't completely butcher Shepard's story, it was meant to be a trilogy and ME3 was supposed to be the end of Shepard's story, I don't want Mass Effect to turn into another Call of Duty-like franchise and get milked once a year, I want the Mass Effect trilogy to stay a trilogy and if there are going to be more games then it should not have Shepard as the protagonist or make any appearances, that's why the show Seinfeld ended at season 9 right when it was at it's peak of popularity, end it while it is still good or watch it slowly get butchered. (Well in that case I guess Mass effect should've ended at the Shepard and Anderson scene on the "citadel" but you get my point).

If there's going to be a post ME3 game then it should be after the Wake Up Shepard Project X DLC if it is true and have the Leviathans trying to take over after the destruction of the reapers while the galaxy is at its weakest with a new protagonist. If they are going to make a post ME3 wake up shepard dlc game without the Leviathans then I will not touch it because Leviathans give off the Reaperish feel in a way and BioWare could make it work without their artistic integrity bullshit. But if this series is gonna be like Halo and start another trilogy when it was supposed to end at the first trilogy then it is gonna have an even more miserable outcome then ME3s end that we got.

Fix Mass Effect 3 then move onto a post Mass Effect 3 trilogy with the Leviathans and a new protagonist or leave it alone, but come on... it's EA we're talking about that's never gonna happen.

I have a better idea, why don't you leave that stupid Dalatrass, then you and Kirrahe come with me to the Normandy? I can make do without the 70-80 War Assets of the Salarian fleet, deal ?

From my understanding the Dalatrass is not the councilor since the Dalatrass is a woman and the salarian councilor is a male if you saved him, same goes with female councilor. But good idea we had the option to sacrifice the salarian councilor before, why not now? Can I bring Kolyat? He's been dying to be a squadmate.

#14 iPoohCupCakes

iPoohCupCakes

Major Nublet

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Fix Mass Effect 3 then move onto a post Mass Effect 3 trilogy with the Leviathans and a new protagonist or leave it alone,

AMEN
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Ari

Ari

Nub Pincher

• Moderators
  • 1,327 posts
  • LocationBradenton, Florida

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

I don't take anything Bioware says to heart anymore, but them asking their playerbase "'Where to go next?' with such a project has been a question a lot of us have been asking, and we'd all love to hear your ideas" pretty much hints that they are leaving Shepard and ME3 behind. Either they are making a game set in the past, or they are proving the IT because, as ambitious as they are, they can't create a game in the future where synthesis, control, and destroy were all options.

"Hey guise, we wont take your advice on the IT, but we want your help on where to take our next installment of the game!" ^_^

Excuse my language, But fuck you BioWare. :squint:

boossignature.jpg

For all forum-related inquiries, please contact a Forum Moderator if one is online, or use the Report function of the site.

#16 halbert986

halbert986

The phantom of clever noob

• Veteran Member
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationA room with a moose in it

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

Why would we want a Mass Effect 4? I want a completely new trilogy that doesn't completely butcher Shepard's story, it was meant to be a trilogy and ME3 was supposed to be the end of Shepard's story, I don't want Mass Effect to turn into another Call of Duty-like franchise and get milked once a year

Ea wants your money money... MONNNAAAYYY!
And what EA wants, EA gets. One way or another...

z3g4D88.jpg?1

#17 Gamingspoiler

Gamingspoiler

The Heretic

• Donator
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationAmman-Jordan

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:56 PM

From my understanding the Dalatrass is not the councilor since the Dalatrass is a woman and the salarian councilor is a male if you saved him, same goes with female councilor. But good idea we had the option to sacrifice the salarian councilor before, why not now? Can I bring Kolyat? He's been dying to be a squadmate.

If you didn't save the council in ME1, the dalatrass becomes the Salarian councilor, therefore if Kirrahe or "You" didn't interfere, the Dalatrass would be dead.

Posted Image

#18 iPoohCupCakes

iPoohCupCakes

Major Nublet

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Ea wants your money money... MONNNAAAYYY!
And what EA wants, EA gets. One way or another...

We need to end this and to do that...
we need to end EA :squint:
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Thane Krios

Thane Krios

Master Assassin

• Veteran Member
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

If you didn't save the council in ME1, the dalatrass becomes the Salarian councilor, therefore if Kirrahe or "You" didn't interfere, the Dalatrass would be dead.

I don't think sooo... but I guess I'll just take your word for it, I'm pretty sure the Dalatrass is a different salarian regardless, both of them had different robes and voices

#20 Nyila

Nyila

Previous Moderator (Thanks so much Nyila!)

• Donator
  • 1,079 posts
  • LocationFort Sam Houston, TX

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:46 PM

Wait, are you sure? I think it's another Salarian female who's the councilor, because after Shepard sabotages the cure on Tuchanka, the dalatrass says she spoke with the councilor about Shepard's choice..

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mass Effect, Project X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users