84 replies to this topic

#1 FC_paragon

FC_paragon

Class S Member

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

POPULAR

"Unless BioWare chooses to take a marketing risk (which EA will almost certainly veto), any Mass Effect game will have a human protagonist or at least several humans in the party [in a prequel]. The backstory of the Mass Effect universe very clearly shows that humanity has been part of the galactic community for such a short time that still-living characters can remember when aliens were mere myth. This does not leave a large span of time for stories to take place. Having the game take place in a previous Reaper cycle has the problem that every cycle before Shepard’s failed, making any player character doomed from the start."

"Comments by... Chris Priestly... [and] Mike Gamble indicate that BioWare has no plans to further change the endings at this time.[Statements] by Priestly and Jessica Merizan, respectively, that the popular Indoctrination Theory remains a “valid possibility” with the current endings and that the Extended Cut “neither confirms nor denies IT,” it appears that BioWare’s plan to deal with the controversy is to try to keep everyone happy by staying ambiguous."
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
What other potential issues do you think will be encountered with creating an ME sequel? An ME prequel?

Will a cannonized ending that does not correspond with YOUR choice affect your decision of whether or not to purchase ME4?

What do you think of Bioware's ambiguity regarding Indoctrination Theory?

Do you generally appreciate ambiguity in your gaming experiences, something you discourage, or is this circumstantial?

http://gamingillustr...re-go-from-me3/

Posted Image

#2 Kelsi

Kelsi

The Clever Noob Queen

• Social Media Rep
  • 2,140 posts
  • LocationI Left My Heart In Tokyo

User's Awards

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

"Comments by... Chris Priestly... [and] Mike Gamble indicate that BioWare has no plans to further change the endings at this time.[Statements] by Priestly and Jessica Merizan, respectively, that the popular Indoctrination Theory remains a “valid possibility” with the current endings and that the Extended Cut “neither confirms nor denies IT,” it appears that BioWare’s plan to deal with the controversy is to try to keep everyone happy by staying ambiguous."

I really like this paragraph. I really really really like it.

Super awesome social media rep & moderator // kelsi@clevernoob.com

#3 applepie_svk

applepie_svk

Septimus Prime

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

What if I told you... that Mass Effect 2+3 were just halucinations and with breath scene Shepard woke up from rubbles of Sovereign in Mass Effect 1...

And now serious -

Why is the ending of ME3 check mate ?

Well you have 4 completely different endings which tearing apart whole Mass Effect universe as we knew him and also make any sequel impossible.

What they will do ?

A: They will pick canon ending based on the most popular or their most favourite

B: IT is true

C: They will left ME3 ending where they are and new ME IP will take place in different galaxy, different space, reality... whatever...

#4 FC_paragon

FC_paragon

Class S Member

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

They have to consider IT. and after that ME4
Posted Image

#5 xIx EDGE xIx

xIx EDGE xIx

Septimus Prime

• Members
  • 374 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey / Philadelphia

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

POPULAR

I personally hate the way that they are playing middle man. If taken at face value, all that statment says to me is that they could care less about their product or their customers; all they are concerned about is trying to please everyone just enough so that they can keep making a pretty penny. Can we just have an answer? We've invested five years and hundreds of dollars into this series, it's not right to hold out on us like this. Is it because they just don't care as I mentioned before? Is it because Project X is true and they are working on actually finishing the game? Is it because they don't want to admit that they screwed up? Is it because they don't want to admit that fans may have come up with something that is much better than they ever could have?

As far as the comment about a previous reaper cycle and the character failing to doom, that's another one that I have to soundly disagree with. So what? Ever hear of that little game called Halo? You know, it's kinda/sorta a big deal on the Xbox? Well last I checked, when I played Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, etc, I knew that the Master Chief was the last of the Spartans because it was mentioned on more than one occasion...so what did they do? Release Halo: Reach, a prequel that tells the story of the rise of the Covenant and the fall of Reach and the Spartans, that leads into the events of the first Halo game. So yeah, we all knew that the characters in the game we're doomed, and guess what, it worked out pretty darn well, didn't it? I'm not trying to lobby for ME4 to be something pre current reaper cycle, I'm just trying to point out how and why their logic is flawed, yet again.

What in the heck happened to this company?

#6 Ascension Denied

Ascension Denied

Class C Member

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

I always thought the next game would take place in another galaxy. Surely reapers dont just concentrate on the one galaxy.
Posted Image Posted Image

#7 Denton

Denton

Emperor Vader, Dark Knight of Steel

• Veteran Member
  • 1,200 posts
  • LocationBritain

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Intergalactic travel is beyond even the Reapers I would say

Final_zps80030e86.jpgDarthVader.gif

tumblr_mr4jbcm8l91rp16h7o1_500.png

#8 Joe Amethyst

Joe Amethyst

Pinched Nub

• Moderators
  • 1,427 posts
  • LocationYardley, Pennsylvania

User's Awards

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

POPULAR

This is beyond artistic integrity at this point.
We asked for a solid answer. We want a solid fucking answer.
And they still play asshole.
Essentially, they're playing the same damn gimmick as before.

Posted Image

For all forum-related inquiries, please contact a Forum Moderator if one is online, or use the Report function of the site.

#9 Ascension Denied

Ascension Denied

Class C Member

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

i don't think this is beyond them, we know that they come from dark space which is in essence is between galaxies. reapers traveling from dark space to our galaxy would indicate intergalactic travel because dark space is intergalactic space.

#10 halbert986

halbert986

The phantom of clever noob

• Veteran Member
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationA room with a moose in it

User's Awards

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Generally speaking this is exactly what they should be doing.
I hate it. Oh god do I hate it. But there's nothing else they can do.

Of course if IT was actually their intent all along this wouldn't be happening. So the more they play this stupid "It's whatever you want it to be baby" line, the more I know they're just covering their tracks.

z3g4D88.jpg?1

#11 iPoohCupCakes

iPoohCupCakes

Major Nublet

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

This is beyond artistic integrity at this point.
We asked for a solid answer. We want a solid fucking answer.
And they still play asshole.
Essentially, they're playing the same damn gimmick as before.

I agree I'm getting real tired of being fucking toyed with. I want a straight up answer they have to tell us soon enough WHY ARE THEY PLAYING WITH OUR EMOTIONS? :squint:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Arty

Arty

*Rank Up!* Private Nublet

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:31 PM

I've stopped paying attention to what they say long ago.. I don't know why you people even bother........

#13 That Gunslinger

That Gunslinger

Master Noob Petty Officer 117

• Donator
  • 458 posts
  • LocationEngland

User's Awards

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

LOL so they said nothing at all then.

Release Halo: Reach, a prequel that tells the story of the rise of the Covenant and the fall of Reach and the Spartans, that leads into the events of the first Halo game. So yeah, we all knew that the characters in the game we're doomed, and guess what, it worked out pretty darn well, didn't it? I'm not trying to lobby for ME4 to be something pre current reaper cycle, I'm just trying to point out how and why their logic is flawed, yet again.

Yes, thank you! Just because the characters are doomed from the start, it doesn't make the story redundant. Noble Six delivered Cortana to the Autumn after all, so the characters still had a major effect on the rest of the series. Maybe the new characters could finish the the Crucible designs at the end but not have time to construct them. Something like that.
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."
- Stephen King (The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger)
"You are the grim, goal oriented ones who will not believe that the joy is in the journey rather than the destination no matter how many times it has been proven to you."
- Stephen King (The Dark Tower)
"The flow of time is always cruel... It's speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days."
- Sheik (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
"Dude, sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something."
- Jake the Dog (Adventure Time)
"A person's never too old for stories... we live for them."
- Roland Deschain (The Wind Through the Keyhole)

#14 GaZ

GaZ

Class B Member

• Members
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSol System,Earth,Georgia,Tbilisi

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

They should just use the IT and make ME4. No need for a different universe... We live in a reality where evil never rests. It's not like everyone became loving and caring after the destruction of the reapers. All they need is totally new characters. A new trilogy would do fine... You mention old characters once or twice, make the old fans happy an make the money making machine going. I mean i would buy it... :p

#15 Malakh

Malakh

So Here's a Cupcake

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUranus...

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

I'd say they will pick the destroy option as the canon ending. Not the option I chose but I wouldn't be pissed about it, because I prefer a sequel to a prequel.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#16 Magiseth

Magiseth

Daemon Contingency's White Knight

• Veteran Member
  • 1,358 posts
  • LocationReal World: HvCft Redemption, Broadcast Depth / In the Matrix: United States - Minnesota

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Thought someone mentioned that synth was the likely "canon" pick... but I also think that it was Jessica whatever her last name is on Twitter, so we can pretty much disregard it anyhow

#17 Zuzu

Zuzu

Champion.Seeker.Tomb Raider.Witch.Perfect Woman.The Chosen One.

• Veteran Member
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBrno,Czech Republic

User's Awards

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

Well,I'm 100% sure of one thing-IT never in the world was planned thing.Never.We can still search for things that support the Indoctrination Theory,but we have to get along with the fact that it have never been intended.

And that they shouldn't expose words of Merizan and Priestly on the same level as words of Michael Gamble.
Gamble works with the scripts.
Priestly and Merizan work with trolls.
Well...

They have to consider IT. and after that ME4

I bet they did this thousands of time already.They just decided to do nothing.

How do you know?We've never learned enough of Reapers to know such things.
Besides,two words.
Mass Relays.

"Every fight we ever seen could've been our last.Every bullet we ever dodged could've been the one.[...]And this time around they're just a little bigger."
Garrus Vakarian,Mass Effect 3
" It is only when you fall that you learn wether you can fly."
Flemeth,Dragon Age 2
"Nothing is lost forever,but some things are better if never found."
Lara Croft,Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light
"I believe that some things are meant to happen.Call it destiny.Call it will of the Goddess.Call it chance.But do not call it concidence."
Kian Alvane,Dreamfall:The Longest Journey

"Broken people are dangerous.They know they can survive."

Ellie,The Last Of Us

#18 Svina

Svina

You're In!

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Dont know where post this so.... anyway, I believe you all have already seen it

https://twitter.com/...612856517181440

#19 Malakh

Malakh

So Here's a Cupcake

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUranus...

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Dont know where post this so.... anyway, I believe you all have already seen it

https://twitter.com/...612856517181440

"Hey Casey, I don't know what I'd want to see in it. But I know what I would NOT want to see in it and that's you."

Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 Kita Shepard

Kita Shepard

60 Posts Already?

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • LocationYou know, around... doing hero stuff.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

I personally hate the way that they are playing middle man. If taken at face value, all that statment says to me is that they could care less about their product or their customers; all they are concerned about is trying to please everyone just enough so that they can keep making a pretty penny. Can we just have an answer? We've invested five years and hundreds of dollars into this series, it's not right to hold out on us like this. Is it because they just don't care as I mentioned before? Is it because Project X is true and they are working on actually finishing the game? Is it because they don't want to admit that they screwed up? Is it because they don't want to admit that fans may have come up with something that is much better than they ever could have?

Aaaaalll of that and then some!

Also on a different note, and I've said it before and so have many others, It'd be asinine for them to call the next game Mass Effect 4 without Shepard in it. It's just... not ok!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mass Effect, Bioware, Indoctrination Theory, Mass Effect 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users